Workshop and educational meeting support
The next deadline for meeting support applications is 12 June 2015
Please read the guidelines below before submitting an application.
1. To obtain support, workshops must be open and international, and should encourage the participation of early career scientists (until ca. 5 years after PhD) and those from developing countries (including BRICS countries).
2. Organizers must be able to demonstrate how the themes and objectives of their workshop or eduational meeting (e.g. summer school) relate to the PAGES Science Plan.
3. PAGES does not support applications by individuals for travel and meeting attendance. Workshop materials and field trips are also not supported. Additionally, PAGES tends not to support sessions at large conferences unless the session is used to initiate or aid in the development of a PAGES product, such as a special journal issue.
4. For hosts, PAGES only supports direct meeting costs such as participants' travel and accommodation expenses. PAGES does not allow the use of funds for overheads incurred by the host institution.
5. Please note, it is the responsibility of organizers to generate most of the funding necessary for the meeting.
6. PAGES requires a workshop report for Past Global Changes Magazine after the event.
7. All other products issuing from the sponsored meeting should mention PAGES and a copy of all products should be sent to the PAGES IPO.
8. Organizers should contact the PAGES IPO in advance if they are unsure whether their proposal is eligible for PAGES meeting support.
Applying for PAGES meeting support
There are four categories of meeting support available. Please complete and submit the form that best fits your type of workshop:
2. Educational meeting
To submit a proposal for a workshop of an educational nature.
Proposal success rates: 2014=11%, 2013=44%
3. Open call meeting
For all other general workshop proposals within the scope of PAGES science.
Proposal success rates: 2014=45%, 2013=50%
For workshops that require a funding decision to be made before the next funding call deadline. This is to be availed of under exceptional circumstances only and must be accompanied by valid justification.
If you have been asked to complete a travel claim form, you can get it here. You must download it first to your computer and ensure you have Adobe Reader to fill it in (download Adobe for free here). Alternatively print the pdf out and complete it in writing.
PAGES workshop funds are available thanks to the U.S. and Swiss NSF and NOAA